Skip to main content

Add A Hat-2

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I made this cute penguin card for Christmas Craft Creations. This month's theme is Hats On. I love the warm hats that these penguins are wearing. I'll walk you step-by-step through this card.
I started with Lawn Fawn's Here We Go A-Waddling stamp set. I stamped out the trio of carolers, the guitar player, and the lamppost. I colored the images with Copic markers: C9, C6, C3, C2, BG09, BG18, RV69, R29, R20, V17, V15, G46, G28, Y26, YR24, E59, E39, B000, Y17, Y15, and YR 18.
I cut two snow banks out of Neenah Classic Crest Cover Solar White 80lb cardstock with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders. I then used Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides to ink the edges of the banks. Pro tip: use a light color, e.g. blue or grey, to line the edges of a white image to give it more depth.
I took an A2 panel in landscape position and inked the top 3/4 with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide. Then, using the new Ranger winter scene stencil, I used Royal Flush Solar Paste to make "snowfall. "
To finish to card, I stamped the sentiment and adhered the hillsides and images to the panel. Pro tip: to give more depth to your images, add shadows when appropriate. I used C5 here. This makes it so your images don't appear to be "floating." 
Please visit Christmas Craft Creations here to see more creations adding hats.

Comments


  1. Those penguins are too cute! Love the scene you've made and your fabulous coloring. Thanks for being a guest design at CCC this month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Gifts

I made this shaped, nostalgic-looking Christmas card using Spellbinders dies and hot foil plate. I love Christmas and make cards all year long, starting the next year's cards before the end of the year. Some people think that's crazy, but I don't like to feel rushed in November to get my Christmas cards finished! I started by die cutting out the frame for the presents using Spellbinders' Gift Border & Sentiments and Simon Says Stamp Matte Gold Cardstock. I then used the two outline dies to cut out whole presents. I wanted to do a faux inlay technique, so I embossed the frame image on top so I could color the images. I used Copic Markers R29 and R39 to color in the presents. I used the lighter color to make "highlights" on the gifts. I kept laying the gold frame over it to make sure it looked good. Here's the result after gluing the two pieces together. I cut out the bows from the same gold cardstock. Since t

Delicate Floral Hummingbirds

I made today's card for my husband. Our anniversary is in two weeks. He likes bright colors, so I hope he likes it! I made this with Spellbinders Delicate Floral Hummingbirds die. I love Spellbinders! Their dies, stamps, and hot foil plates are all such great quality.  This die set has a die and outline die. If you only use the main die, it will cut out the middle without changing the size of your cardstock. Since this is so large, I wanted to cut out the entire image since I didn't want anything larger than 5"x7". Protip: if you want a smaller card front, you can always trim it down. I cut the image from Lawn Fawn Noble Fir cardstock. Then, I took a small blending brush and inked shadows with Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink. To make the diecut appear more realistic, I inked at the base of each leaf and in the curves of the vines.  After die cutting all of the layering pieces out of Neenah Classic Crest Cover Solar White 80lb